We have had very wet and miserable weather over the past few weeks in London and I have been wondering where spring and summer has gone. It is so cold that we have had to dig out all our sweaters, socks and jackets… Even though it is cold and wet, delicious British strawberries are slowly coming into season. They are sweet and juicy with lots of fresh flavour.
I usually make this dessert when I have a big batch of ripe strawberries. It is one of the family favourites, just another excuse to enjoy juicy red strawberries in the summer.
The mousse is made with puréed strawberries – to make the purée just wash and cut strawberries into small pieces and blend them in a food processor.
It can stay in the fridge for a night or two and so is a perfect dinner party dessert.
Powdered gelatine- 1 teaspoon
Double cream-150 ml
- Soak gelatine in two tablespoon of water.
- Make sugar syrup by boiling together water and sugar and then add the soaked gelatine mix well and cool it down.
- Mix with the strawberry puree and keep aside.
- Whisk double cream until thick and mix with the strawberry mixture.
- Pour into serving moulds and chill in fridge until set.
- Serve with some strawberry puree or a strawberry slice on top.