Roast chicken with garlic and rosemary
This is a dish I came up when I had two baby chickens in the fridge and an overgrown rosemary plant waiting to be used up.
Rosemary is one of my favourite Mediterranean herbs – it is woody and tough. When combined with garlic and olive oil, roasted with chicken and vegetables the flavour and aroma is amazingly delicious and appetising.
I have used baby chicken in this recipe but it can be made with normal size chicken as well. Please adjust the roasting time accordingly.
ROAST CHICKEN WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY
Rosemary-a few sprigs
Chilli flakes- 1 teaspoon
Olive oil-4 tablespoon
- Cut chicken into half using scissors and keep aside.
- Crush peeled garlic cloves, rosemary springs, crushed chilli and salt in a pestle and mortar, add olive oil and mix well.
- Marinate the chicken halves and cut vegetables in the garlic and rosemary mixture for an hour.
- Roast in a pre heated oven 180- 200°C for 25 -30 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve warm with crusty bread and salad.