Lettuce Wraps With Asian Prawns
Lettuce wraps are healthy, fun to eat, easy to make and moreover versatile. They are a favourite of mine. You can use any flavoured filling you like – meat, vegetables, noodles or tofu. This one has an Asian style stir-fried prawn filling with lots of mixed vegetables. Make sure the filling is reasonably dry and has cooled to room temperature before you wrap it in the lettuce cups.
This is a great dish to serve as a starter when you entertain. The key is to keep it simple and fresh.
Lettuce Wraps with Asian Prawns
- Gem lettuce – 2
- Peeled prawns – 1 cup
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger chopped – ¼ teaspoon
- Garlic chopped – ¼ teaspoon
- Onion chopped – ½
- Mixed vegetables – ½ cup
- Soy sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Sugar – ¼ teaspoon
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat oil in a wok and sauté ginger and garlic until fragrant.
- Add onion, and mixed vegetables and sauté for a few minutes until it is cooked through.
- Add prawns, soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Sauté the mixture in high heat until the liquid is evaporated and the prawns are cooked through.
- Cool the mixture to room temperature, fill the lettuce leaves with them and serve.