White chocolate and pistachio cake
The decadent sweetness of white chocolate and vibrant green colour makes this cake very special. I like to remove the cake from the oven when it is slightly underdone so that the cake is moist and squidgy.
Salt – one pinch
Vanilla extract-1 teaspoon
- Line the sides and bottom of a square baking tray 20cm x 20cm with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Chop the white chocolate into small pieces and melt with butter over hot water, keep aside.
- Whisk eggs, salt and sugar until frothy, add the melted chocolate mixture and fold in gently.
- Add vanilla extract and sifted plain flour, fold in. Add pistachios and mix gently.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes.